Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Theory on "Adventure"

As I have been blogging for a little less than a year I am looking back at all the great adventures we have had. I wished I had a similar written record of all the other fun stuff we have done in years previouse. I am a good scrapbooker and I always do a yearly photo album, but its not quite the same.

I think I knew when we were moving here we were going to be doing amazing things hense the title "adventures of the Strodes" however I have come to realize how simple things can be as great of an adventure. Lunch at school has been an adventure to the kids everyday for the last year. An average day at home can be an adventure (a couple of days ago the firemen showed up and hacked my Bar B q to bits because my nieghbor had a bon fire that caught our shared chimney on fire.)

Cute little things the kids say, or make at school brights our days enough that we are excited for the next day and that is adventure. I have heard it many times since I have been posting our outings "I am so jelouse" to that I say..."look around, look at the adventure in your life- its there in the very fibers"

We have lived over seas before and came back state side with a re-newed desire to see more of our country, it fizzeled out in the efforts to buy and maintain a house and we were dissapointed in our selves. I look at that time as a great adventure into something that was new and different for us.

Here is to the next year and ALL the adventures it brings, big and small!

Cheers- The Strode Family

2 comments:

  1. Come to Maryland before your zest for traveling the US fizzles out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I was blogging and you weren't that you made fun of me for wanting to write everything down while I was at your house for christmas! I'm glad you like it! I like to blog about little random things for the same reason-everything is an adventure-ESPECIALLY the little moments : ) can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete