Thursday, January 20, 2011

Scott and Ethiopian food




We have a good friend who we have known since we lived in WA.
He was Dans right hand man there, and into a deployment in Iraq.
WE have met up with him and his darling family at any oportunity we have been able to.
This time we drove 2.5 hours to meet them mid way at a little Ethiopian resteraunt.
It was actualy a small house converted to a resteraunt.
I was a little concerned because while I am adventurouse, I am a little scardey cat when it comes to food born illness. I think its a side effect of being a cook and knowing the requirments to keep food safe. Any way...We went and chatted and caught up with good friends and surprisingly the food was great! If you have never had Ethiopian food it is much like indian food. "mush" is not the right word but niether is "curries" But thats kind of what it is. Thick stews of meats, or veg. served on a large crepe type bread. Eaten with your hands and the same type of bread.
It was very yummy! A fun adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment