I am not sure if its the slime between your fingers or if its the excitment of someone giving you a knife and letting you cut something to bits. Maybe its the mess you can make and no one gets mad, but we all love pumpkin carving day. I can't say I always have. I'll have to admit when I had 3-4 small kids all who needed a lot of help to get this done, and not cut themselves. When they were little it seemed I found pumpkin slime and seeds all over the house for weeks.
Times have changed. Paige was the only one who needed a bit of help and I carved my own pumpkin and enjoyed it.
The kids helped clean up and we ended up with 8 pumpkins carved from the 5 of us. It was a great night.
We all enjoyed the slime between our fingers, the earthy smell of the pumpkins and hacking the heck out of something.
Crunchy salty roasted pumpkin seeds weren't bad either!
No comments:
Post a Comment