Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fond memories of Monterey






















So as we sat this evening at our dear friends Bill and Gloria's home after enjoying yet another wonderful meal and watching the sun go down over the hills and ocean, I reflected on what I will miss most about Monterey. I always thought it would be the view I was experiencing at that moment,however i hear the views in Valencia of the Mediterranean are spectacular. I decided it was the people who I have shared it with. Fourth of July on the beach with the Kunz family, witnessing the mud run with the Caruther's family,running around the park with Yari as the sun goes down,enjoying meal after meal with great friends and fellow patriots in one of the culinary capitols. So i asked the rest of the family what are their fond memories of Monterey and this is what they had to say:






Dan= The accomplishment and scenery as well as the camaraderie of running multiple marathons (Big Sur Marathon)






Logan= ISM (International School of Monterey) Where she learned to surf and study and made great friends.






Tori= The Beach & the dune (she was the only one who could stand the cold water )






Seth= CUB SCOUTS (friends and leaders)






Paige= Beach board walk in Santa Cruz (rides, and beach, funnel cake and garlic fries,not to mention acrobats!)



2 comments:

  1. Here are the things we miss about you guys!
    Dan- so much. But I'd have to say the gigantic storm trooper banner.
    Logan- fabulous sense of humor
    Tori- so many talents and so much help
    Seth- awesome art work!
    Paige- I miss having lunch with you and hanging out in my office playing princesses
    Arlena- absolutely everything! I miss my very favorite friend and all the time we spent supposively working.
    If you're EVER in MD for longer than 42 minutes I better be notified :) Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this blog made me tear up a bit. I just got a text that says 'we're in D.C.' I CAN'T BELIEVE that Monterey is Strodeless! I'm gonna miss Monterey too : ( but I don't know what we'll do without you!!

    ReplyDelete