Saturday, August 29, 2009

So I am not a fan of blogs and this is why:

I think they are kind of a lazy way of keeping in contact with your friends. I think it is impersonal and self centered. I also think it is wierd how people follow other peoples blogs who they do not even know yet do not know whats going on in the lives of those closest to them. Dan is not a fan of me having a blog because I am not a good speller.

Having said all of that up front, I will now explain why I have broken down and started a blog. I am a fan of scrapbooking and record keeping and this seems like a great electronic way of doing that. It also seems like a great time as we embark on a new adventure to keep a log. Also, I feel a little concerned I wont have much to do with my time and I think going back and getting caught up on our family history would be a good thing to do. Current technology helps with the spelling issue as does the fact that no one that knows me is confused with my spelling ability. Lastly I am tiered of Logan telling me I am so "OLD SCHOOL"

So here goes....The Strode Family Blog!

3 comments:

  1. Haha...I love your explanation of why you have a blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Good for you Arlena! I am not a big fan of blogs either; that's why I like facebook as I can filter who gets to see what through the privacy settings.
    But, you know blogging is probably better for long-term saving of the history and pictures, since FB is free, the data can disappear very easily. Just be sure to back-up your blog, so that if it goes down, you have a saved copy of all your hard-work.
    Have fun in Spain!
    Abrazos,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo!!! I am just now seeing that you have a blog cause you sent your link to my old email address. So now I get to catch up with the Strodes and get up to speed about what's happening! I had no idea y'all were going to SPAIN!! how cool is that?!?! Thanks for finally giving in and doing a blog so we can keep up!!!! ;o) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete