Tuesday, February 23, 2010

FUEGO! FUEGO!


So on Sunday on our way home from church we turned down our street and saw our community trash dumpster on fire. Big giant flames were spuing out of it. My resident Spanish expert (Dan)was gone for a work assignment and I was left to figure out what to do.
My neighbor speaks english so I ran to her house, but she didnt come to the door her mother did. It took me a few minutes but I finaly remembered the word "Fuego" She ran out and saw the flames. Called in the house for some one to call the fire department and ran to the other neighbors ringing thier bells to get them to move thier cars so that we didnt have an explosion.
All the neighbors came out with buckets of water and tried doucing it, it was too big.
The one neighbor pushed his hose over the fence and they drowned the flames.
So this is what our dumpster looks like now!

1 comment: