So we started at about 6:30pm with a group of kids coming in and hanging out around thier DS games. (Boy that was wierd-the way kids play together sure has changed) Then once everyone was together we went out to the field for some games. We had a Bastiodon Stomp(thats a Pokemon incase you didnt know!) this is a big field and the game lasted quiet a while because they could easily get away from eachother so that no one could stomp thier balloon. (There was a little fight at this time, some clothes ripped and some blood, but Dan asures me this is typical of boys and nothing to worry about.) We played find the pokeball. 60 pingpong balls I painted to look like Pokeballs. we also had a spoink race (Also a pokemon..one with out legs, but a spring, and a peral on its head) we did it relay style and had to bounce while holding a baloon on thier head!
We had a piniata and it didnt make it through the whole crown of 15 boys before it was busted open and had boys piled on top of eachother to get candy. I heard Seth at the bottom of the pile yell about his ankle.
Then to calm down a bit we came in and Dan had made this great Pikacheu game and we all played pin the tail on pikacheu. We had some dinner all of which looked or sounded like a Pokemon. The kids recognised it right away and I was impressed that they knew thier stuff and that I had made it look close enough for them to guess.
We of course had Pokeball cupcakes and opened presents. Getting all our blankets out for padding on the hard tile floor as well as all the sleeping bags the boys brought took a while. Then the Pokemon movie I bought on line wouldnt work so we just turned on the Disney station for a while but mostly the boys were playing thier DS games in little groups.
At about midnight Dan told them it was bed time and he came upstairs. For about an hour he and I snickered at the funny things the boys were talking about and how some of them wanted to sleep and would yell at the others while the awake ones would make fun. The he went down with his mean voice and told them all "be quiet or else!" (Someone bravely in the dark yelled "or else what?" I guess his mean voice isn't mean enough) So it was about 1:30 am when they all finaly fell asleep.
Around 7:30 am there was some noise downstairs and I came down to start breakfast. It was just one cute little Danish boy sitting at the table. He had told me the night before he was an early riser and wanted to know if there would be breakfast. So I guess he was ready!
I made pancakes that look like Munchlax (another pokemon) they all enjoyed them and set to picking thier stuff up.
Logan took a group out side to play PSYDUCK.....SQUIRTLE (like duck duck goose-but with...you guessed it Pokemon)while the rest got picked up and then we all watched cartoons as we waited for parents.
We had a lot of fun,my favorite part was the international kids trying new foods. The little French brothers learned they like Ranch dressing (Almost as much as Paige) The Danish boys liked American Pancakes, They all loved the American candy in the piniata.
It was a lot of fun!
However Dan and I think having a mass of boys over is much different than girls!
SO FUN!!! I'm glad to hear it was such a smash! Everything looks great. Well, great to my very limited Pokemon knowledge....
ReplyDeleteWell, that looked awesome! Have to give you a lot of credit...that was a lot of work and very brave to have so many little boys!!!!
ReplyDelete