Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentines Strawberries







One of the ladies from the NATO group asked me to teach some cooking classes, and one asked for something yummy to make for thier husbands for valentines day. So I taught my famous stuffed strawberries. We all had fun, they learned double boilers and other melting teqniques. They learned to hull a strawberrie and how to fan one. We talked about tempering chocolate. I made a strawberry mouse cake that had drizzeled chocolate and chocolate dipped strawberries.They didnt wait for many of thier strawberrries to harden and I am not sure how many husbands will see thier strawbierries. At one point it was more like a fondue class! It was yummy, and fun!

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow I'm so jealous!!!! I could totally go for some famous Arlena strawberries! That sounds like such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to learn how to temper chocolate...i'm not that patient

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum!!! Those are just yum! What a fun class!

    ReplyDelete