Yes this is an Oppinion Poll- Not that your oppinion will sway me, but more of a statistic report!
So my 15 year old daughter asked to skip the last day of school (no big deal...finals are over anyway) to go to a beach party called "San Juan" (Sure sounds like fun) Then she mentions she will go around 11:30 pm (WHAT? who goes to the beach at nearly mid-night)
Let me tell you what I found on the internet.
San Juan is a festival in Spain where every High school aged kids and some young adults gather (thousands of them) on the beach for bon fires and drunken crazyness. It says its the one day of the year that the police turn thier head and allow the fires and crazyness (the legal drinking age here is 16) There is some ritual of jumping waves (heard this from a friend) and then jumping over bon fires (saw this on the internet) while making a wish. It actualy said on the internet "This is not for families"
Would you let your 15 year old daughter go?
are you kidding me???? You really have to ask that question! LOCK HER UP!!!! Tell her Mema said NO, NO, NO! No question....not even a little bit of hesitation in this one. not at 15, 16, 17,or ever...not appropriate....not safe....simply asking for trouble!!! OMGosh!!!!
ReplyDeletesorry Logan...HECK NO. I wouldn't let my niece go either, so I guess I'm not a very cool Aunt.
ReplyDeleteI say that as long as she agrees to let Dan hang out with her in his Batman costume as her "Slow-witted 17-year-old cousin from the states" it is fine.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't let my daughter go, but your daughter, sure :)
ReplyDeleteBut since everyone on here is bagging on the idea I'm going to take this time to gain some points with Logan...
"Man Logan, that sounds like a crazy good time! Too bad your mom is LAME! I would totally let you go. If only cool aunt kasey were there. I'm sure you wouldn't be taking part in the drunken frenzy. I mean, you're totally responsible. Sorry sista. We'll just have to go do something cool when I come and visit you in AZ."
So..of course I said NO..but I got the "everyone is going" I hung tight and by tuesday there was a whole list of kids who werent going and other )more realistic) plans were made!
ReplyDeletewow...Heck NO
ReplyDelete