Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The saga of the Chairs




So Dan and I shopped around for the finishing pieces for this living room and decided on these chairs. We never imagined how hard it would be to get these cool recliners.
First Dan and I saw them 2 times before we decided. Dan was on his way back to Spain and he sent me off to buy them. He said "get a good deal" so I asked the sales man what kinda deal he could give me. He nearly laughed at me and told me he wouldnt cut a deal for someone spending less than 6k. ooops, sorry didnt realize my money was worthless.
I didnt want to buy them from him after that.
I literaly went all over town looking for something similar....nothing.
I talked myself into going back dealing with the guy and getting what I wanted. Just get it over with.
Luckily he wasnt there. A very nice lady helped me and we got it all figured out.
With the exceptions of her delivery scheduling mistakes....yes....more!
So the delivery guy calls me and says they will be delivering on a day I was already tied up and at the time I am suposed to be working! Great!
Oh no worries, I just need to go back to the store (You know how I love that place) and re-schedule AND....pay the re-scheduling fee!
Oh Im lovin this!
So I call the store and ask to speak to the manager. Im gonna fill him in on the whole thing top to bottom. "He's busy, can he call you back?" "NO, Ill hold" "It will be a while" "Ill hold"
"CAn I get your information to pull up your file for him?" "sure Arlena S-T-R-O-D-E"
"OK Ill have him call you back" (IS my head on fire yet?) "No thank you Ill hold" (Lots of attitude in my voice) "Look Arlena you need to calm down" Yep thats what she said!
"I told you I'd hold, and I prefer you call me Mrs. Strode" (sit down for this next one) "OK ARLENA" Yep she did!
I hung up and screamed at the top of my lungs. Way too much to deal with for some chairs!
I then called 10 times in a row and hung up everytime they told me the manager would call me back until he finaly answered.
He made excuses for his lady at the phone and said he wouldnt understand how I wouldnt want to shop at his store anymore.
REALY???
So today the delivery guys got here 10 minutes before they were to be late (and I was to be late for work) and now the chairs beautifuly sit in my livingroom and I never want to see that store again!
It would be my recomendation to not go into ASHLEY FURNITURE so you dont accidently fall in love with anything ! Its not worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment