I loved to put on earings and necklaces, ohh... especialy rings, I love rings. Yet there came a time when getting my self dolled up on a daily basis (as much as I enjoyed it) just wasnt practicle. Between the house hold chores and the babies, and when Dan was gone the lawn and other jobs that needed to be done I was lucky if I got a shower and put on some sweats some time in the day.
Everyone told me I would miss this time in my life, when the kids were little and always around. I would look at my bleached sweatshirt (from Laundry) and my spit up covered sholder (from one baby or another) my pile of things I'd like to do cause I'd enjoy it vs. my pile of things I have to do or we will live in a squaler and wonder what on earth they were talking about. What would I miss about this?
It was about this time that I decided I had to do something to look like I was some what put together when I took the kids to Piano lessons, or Gymnastics. In actuality I was barley making it there with the littlest still in a poopy diaper, taking 20 minutes to buckle everyone in the car and get there before the lesson time was half way over.
I chose small gold hoops. I put them in my ears and they looked like I had an extra 5 minutes which must mean I have it all under controll. A small pair of pretty earings made my sweats look better. My sweet husband would agree with me (because it made me feel better) and tell me he actualy liked the sweats. It's a good thing cause that was about all I could manage!
The earings never came out- I didnt in reality have an extra 5 minutes!
I wore them day and night, shower, sleeping or swimming! The only time they came out was because I lost them. I would promptly buy another pair and on I would go!
I was getting dressed yesterday and put on a pair of brown earing that matched my shirt.
I had to do a double take. Wait where did my gold earings go?
I looked through my jewlery box, I looked through my make up bag. I couldn't find them. When did they dissapear? How long ago did I take them out for something more colorful? How long have I been getting dressed every day and doing my hair and enjoying it?
I looked down at my clothes, jeans, a nice blouse, some smart shoes, a matching hand bag....wait there are several colorful handbags in my closet.
I thought for a good 20 minutes about my list of things to do because I want to vs I have to. It's not so long, I can have lunch with a girl friend kid free! I can run to the store and make it back in 10 minutes...I have an extra 5 minutes here and there.
I Survived! I made it through. I made it back from the sweats!
Ask me again this time next year, but as of now I wouldn't want to go back to the puky smelling bleach stained, hair in a pony tail days!
I love my children to death, but I love them in this stage just as well, and I smell better!
LOL
ReplyDeleteI love this. I'm slowly emerging from the sweats stage. I still have days, but for the most part I'm gaining my pre-kid freedom back. Next year all my kids are in school! What will I do with all that time?! I love reading stuff like this from women who have been there and done that. So thanks!
ReplyDeleteSHINE THAT LIGHT SISTER!! One day I swear I will get back to loving heels!
ReplyDelete