Monday, December 26, 2011

The stockings were hung....

The cookies were left out for Santa, but unlike past years there were no carrots for the deer. I had some in the fridge, I had bought special for thier visit.......
Last year we told Seth that there was not a jolly old elf that came to our home Christmas eve. He was crushed, he flung him self on the bed and yelled out "Everything I've believed" he then excused himself from our room and took a few moments to collect himself. He came back a few minutes later and verified that Jesus did infact exist. We reasured him that all was good and he quickly cheered up and began to feel some pride in being part of the "Big Kids" and having a little known knowledge.
So we thought another year maybe before it was Paige's turn. However at Easter she looked a little sceptical and then a few months later she looked right at me and said "Please mom- I saw the easter presents in your closet."
And that was that-

So I guess for a family of non- belivers, carrots is a bit over the top.

1 comment: