Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothersday 2012

 I'm sitting in my room at noon on motherday 2012. Ive had a lovely breakfast (homemade pop tarts)served to me this morning in bed. Along with a card that had an agenda for the day. (which includes me sitting in my room for "Mom" time at noon)  An agenda.... amazing how my kids know me! Seth is giving me a back rub for the next 5 minutes because soon it is quiet time. Also on the agenda.
 Church was on the list as well. We did that at 9 am, there were some amazing talks and I felt a few tears at the magnitude of my role, It highlighted maybe a bit of how I've been a bit on my own in some of the childrens challenges latley, but not to feel sorry for myself, because Ive been blessed to have them and they are so wonderful.
 Paige made me this lovely wreath with fragrant flowers in her achievment days class. I'm excited about hanging it in my new bathroom when the remodel is done!
Logan took all the kids shopping yesterday ("yeahh" for having a kid with a licence and a job!)
They bought me this lunch bag cooler (I had been talking about getting one- such good listeners) and a bunch of high energy food for when I'm out and about teaching zumba. So thoughtfull.
As for the rest of the agenda....
something is cooking for diner, and our favorite T.V. shows season finale is tongiht!

It's a good day.

But I have one more thing to say....


I know so many woman who are amazing mothers, I love the spark in my sisters eye when her not quite 2 year old does something new. I love the tone in my Sister inlaw Andreas voice when she is loving on my niece Leora. I feel motherhood all around me when I see my childrens primary teachers and I hear one woman give another a bit of parenting advise that has worked for her. I feel a kinship in my relationship of a larger family doing what women do...nurtutring. I am so glad for my part in that and the women I've had influance me in my life and my husband's life. I am so thankful for the inspired woman who have touched my children and strengthened me through them.I love the protective respect our Father in Heaven has for his daughters and the way has blessed us. I hope& pray I can live up to the examples I have had of woman hood in my life and to the expectations my Father in Heaven has for me. Thank God for women and thier divine nature!


2 comments:

  1. :)
    p.s. I'm glad they did better this year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is all in the learning process.....when I went to the door....they were all wearing aprons....and Paige had the agenda check list and a pencil in hand....I think she was trying to figure out where I fell into the agenda! LOL I just ran in and ran out....but something sure smelled good coming from the kitchen! You have taught them well! Happy Mother's Day to the sweet woman who was the first to call me "mommy!....ah...Love you!

    ReplyDelete