Thursday, December 12, 2013

The tree saga

You may remember our tree last year. It threw ornaments. If you do not Ill refresh your memory. We would put ornaments on it and it would "drop them" far from the tree and we would pick them up and put them back and new ones would be off of it the next day.

Well you might think you cant get worse than that,so did we.
This year our tree was of the tilting sort. I wasn't sure at first if it was cut un even, or one side was just more dense, but day 1 I shoved it in the corner. Day 2 I pulled it out to put lights on it and decided it just was the way it was. We said "we will accept it for who it is straight or not"
and Seth said we should name it "Ilene"
That night Paige had some friends over. One of them comment that our tree scared her and we looked at it, it was leaning more than it had been!
I rotated it so the leaning side was facing the corner of the room.
Exasperated with the tree I went to bed that night only to hear a loud crash at 3:00 am


This is what I found at 3am , I chose to ignore it till morning and go back to bed.
In the morning as the kids were getting ready for school I was straightening Ilene who looked like she had a few too many the night before and I was questioning our idea of simple acceptance and thinking about what plan B should be when she seemed to be standing quite well. Not 100% straight, but back on her feet.



The kids left for school and I went to get the tree a drink of water because as you can guess she wet herself and the floor, and was needing some refreshing. On my return from the kitchen, mind you its in the next room. I literally turned my back for 5 minutes and.....



Now look my kindness can only go so far this isn't fair to the TV or the TV stand to have to put up with this mess. What is a person with a defiant tree supposed to do?

Apparently get a larger tree stand.

It goes to show what they say is true ... a good foundation is what you need to raise a tree up in the straight and narrow.


1 comment: