If I were to run away to "never- never land" and play Indian games with Tiger Lilly and friends, I think the Indian name they would give me would be "Thinks Ahead" Yes, I'm Arlena Thinks Ahead.
I do not know why, it is just how my brain works. Some people think I am a braggart when I explain this, some people think they wish they were like me. I find it frustrating a lot because I do not know why others do not prepare the way I do, because it is so natural to me.
My Christmas tree is one example of this phenomenon. It was a few years ago I thought in my head that time had come to have a great tree, one that has a lot of memories (like our family tree) but with a little more class. At the time it was a year or so before my Logan was ready to leave home.
Now that two of my babies have left and taken their ornaments off our family tree and my family tree is getting more sparse, I hear friends with kids older than mine say how sad they are to decorate the family tree alone, and how the kids hand-made ornaments make them miss the years of having the kids all there.
I am so glad that "Thinks Ahead" lives in my head. I have phased in this tree and it won't feel so absent when it's just me and Dan and we decorate alone (hopefully just because the kids will be coming in closer to Christmas)
So for a few years now we have two trees, not the worst thing in the world, and pretty festive!
Planning a head for a Merry Christmas for years to come!
Love your Christmas trees! Huge blessing to be a "thinker a head"!
ReplyDelete