Saturday, August 13, 2016

21

Here’s the deal, I feel a little bit like I am the only child in this family who actually does these birthday posts. Every year my birthday rolls around and I am thrilled. I LOVE BIRTHDAYS and… I HATE BIRTHDAY BLOG POSTS.

I feel better with all of my cards on the table.

Last year I tried to write about how inspirational my year was, and it really was one for the books in every possible way. This year, however, I am tired (side effect of getting older? Probably). This year even started tired…

July 30 2015, Parker and I sat at the cheesecake factory (half off cheesecake every year on your birthday is the best present- thankyou universe) with our eyes half open, too tired to really have any kind of conversation. I’d been sleeping on a half deflated air mattress with my little sister for a week and he’d been working and working and working. The bags under our eyes were so apparent.

That was kind of how this year went,
Wedding planning, tiring.
Getting married, actually quite invigorating for waking up at 5 am and staying up until 5 am.
Graduating school, tiring.
Tori leaving on her mission, mostly just sad. (But also happy? A lot of mixed feelings there.)
Doctor’s appointments, oh so boring AND tiring.
Physical therapy, tiring.
Parker graduating, tiring.
Moving, tiring.  
Parker taking the bar, exhausting- to the point where I left town for a week.

I will say, I am feeling a little more on board with 22. It’s already looking more exciting and less sleepy.

*I would like to clarify, my year was busy and tiring. Also, very full and happy.*

Here: photo proof.
Right before we left for the Cheesecake factory, 21st Bday
Family trip to San Diego, we had no idea how much sun burn we were all in for

Las Vegas to visit the Strodes



Wedding planning

I made Parker lick so many envelopes

Our trip to Utah to meet teeny Clark 
Bachelorette party


12-30-2015
Pie Festival with MikaJo
California Adventure on our honeymoon


School. 


Last facetime with my sister before she went into the MTC

Sleep overs with Luci-Girl

The Stanleys


one time we ordered pizza for a movie night and they messed up our order. So we got to eat pizza for a whole week.

Beach trip with these teeny girls

1 comment:

  1. GEAT YEAR! love to live life to the fullest! Better to be tiered than bored!

    ReplyDelete