A friend recomended we stop in Cordoba on our way home from Rota and on our way up we noticed it actualy on the way. So we planned on it! It was amazing. I took soooo many pictures and they just dont do it justice . We went into the Mosque there, they now call it a Cathedral. It was originaly build by the Moores and when the Christian (Catholic) Knights conquered they turned it into a Cathedral. It had original celings and arches from the Mosque pre 17th century. It had Christian artwork from the early 18th century. There was soooo much wood work, carving and paintings. SOOO much in one place,intriquet gold and tiles. It was by far the most amazing cathedral I have ever been to.
I would highly recomend this as a trip to anyone traveling to souther Spain infact a 1 week trip to Souther Spain should include; Gibralter, Cordoba, Morocco,Granada
We will hit the others on another trip to Rota later.
We realy enjoyed this one though!
No comments:
Post a Comment