Now Dan and I had vacationed in Barcelona years ago, we didnt care much for the food then but you know its diferent and it takes a while to get used to so I am sure the few days we were here was not a long enough time.
Now when we got here this time, we tried again. Not so good. Bland, I mean realy bland. It seems the only pungent flavor they like is fish. But you know what thats a first impresion. Give it a while ask around see what resteraunts others like. Nearly 5 months now and ...NOPE! Mostly the Americans like this Italian place and the other one we listed as our favorite. There is a Spanish resteraunt thats not so bad but I think it has a french twist to it so... doesnt count. Tapas is a great way to have spanish food. Some small appetisers enough to go...yeah, that was Spanish food. We have asked around, even those who have been here for a while are on the same page.
We went to our friends house and brought a cake "Honey bun cake" they had a Spanish friend over. He said the cake had too much cinnimon and it was burning his throat! Just for the record it was a realy yummy cake.
We also had tacos that night. I made the meat. I used taco seasoning, cilantro, basic stuff not jalepenios. He said it was too spicey too.
Logan shared cheese its with a friend who went crazy and said it was sooo gross it had sooo much cheese flavor. Needless to say our kids have fun bringing thier friends American food (which has flavor) and watching them eat it.
Should I put some salt and vinegar chips in the next box? or some wing seasoning? :) Sorry this food is no bueno (sooo fluent!). Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteyikes! definitely don't think i could live there!! i LOVE food. especially right now (12 weeks...just started loving food again and EVERYTHING is good!)i'm so so sorry!
ReplyDelete