I love Arizona storms. I do not know exactly why. Maybe because they dont happen too often? Maybe because I grew up alot here and they bring back memories of riding my bike on a flooded street and the excitment of getting all wet. A lot of Arizona storms are electrical and they put a great smell in the air, even if theres no lighting the smell of the usualy dry dirt that becomes all of a sudden wet is in the air. Theres also this illusion that the sun is hanging out with us closer to the earth than the clouds and casts an up light on things it usualy shines down on.
I know for sure I love the rainbows. While rain is uncommon in Arizona its even more uncommon for it to be dreary and sunless so even in a storm there is sun. Rain and sun bring the most beautiful light show. The miracal of how the rain and sun can creat a giant arc of color is amazing and beautiful.
Yes, thats why I love an Arizona storm.
No comments:
Post a Comment