Monday, May 9, 2011

The kitchen re-do

BEFORE:


































New Appliances


















New wall & then new counter tops


























































Time to refinish the cabinets



















































Cabinets: done!


























Learning to tile...with slate.






















Finished kitchen!












































































































It was a month and a half (mostly because I did 90% of it on my own between work, and doing mom things.) I am very proud of how it turned out and I have to give a big huge thanks to Jeanne who spent her vacation helping me refinish the cabinets and to Matthew who suffered endless text messages for advice on the process of one thing or another, and Bryan who risked his hand on the tile saw when I was too scared. I am glad to say it is done!

I do have to throw a big shout out for the product by rustolium "cabinet transformation" Did an amazing job. They look like new 6K cabinets for $150!






4 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!!! I hope your blog is not set to private because Im sharing a link on my MFTM facebook page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope, not private, I just dont have too many people interested in my silly life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Kara sent me this link so I could see how well the Rust-Oleum worked! Your before and after pictures are like night and day! Awesome job. My blog is redberrybarn.blogspot and I am trying to figure out what to do with my cabinets. Have a great day!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete