Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween






















Of all the years we have been doing "Trunk or Treat" I have always tried to come up with some elabrate creative trunk decoration and have never realy hit the mark. I started thinking maybe it didnt matter, maybe all the kids care about is the candy.



Then this year the most simple idea, in my mind lame and easy...got the most compliments, more kids said "woooo- cool" or "is that a dungeon in your trunk." I was amazed.
I took a picture which of course with the flash made it look as lame as it was, but in the dark aparently it was impresive.
I used those partialy see through plastic sheets that hang in your window. I taped it to my open trunk and places a flash light inside against it so it slightly glowed. ...thats it!
This year the kids dresses up mostly of thier own ideas without much influance from me.
Paige had picked out her outfit before we left Spain. She wanted this outfit and I told her I was only going to buy it for her if it was her halloween costume so she agreed.
Seth mostly described how he wanted to look not realy what he wanted to be. I helped him come up with the "Jungle hunter" title.
Tori was a Hillbilly? Scary beat up doll? I'm not sure, but she was cute...she always is! She went with my brother to a concert which is what she had asked for as a birthday present from him.
Logan was assigned her costume because she was invited to a murder mystery party. She went as a 1930's movie star.
They all looked great!

No comments:

Post a Comment