Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cave of St. Joseph







We decided to take the short 1 hr drive to the cave of St. Joseph because word of mouth was that it was an excelent outing. We took along our favorite American family and headed out. It was SOOOO cool! They wouldnt let us take pictures. I got these few snapped off before I got scolded. It was a boat ride through the water at the bottom of the cave that was so clean and cool you could see al the way to the floor. Which at some places was up to 30 ft deep.
The cave was full of coves and peeks. There were places that the celing was so low we had to crouch all the way down in the boat to not hit our heads.
Then we got out and walked through a small path through the cave, It was very interesting and neat to look at. We got back on the boat and headed back for the mouth of the cave.
One interesting thing about this cave and the water is that they do not know where it comes from. All this water, but no idea where the river is that feeds it!
It was a nice day trip that we would definatly recomend!

2 comments:

  1. This looks REALLY awesome....wish I wasn't so claustrophobic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, I had to close my eyes and picture a big open space a few times.

    ReplyDelete