Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Paella experiance





























I know that sounds a bit selfish, after all the whole family experienced it, and this is a family blog.


Its just that the kids eat paella every week at school and Dan works with Spaniards that feed him paella from time to time and I have had paella before but not since I have been here.

You must know Valencia is the Paella capitol and the fact that I have been here for a year and havent eaten any is mearly a miracle!

No one (until now) has offered to make me any and I wasnt about to order it when we went out with is whole un clean shrimp and thier eyes peaking out at you, barley open clams and snail shells showing through the rice in random places.


If you are lucky (as I was today) someone will make you Valenciano paella the only "yucky" part in this is some cute little bunny who was just hopping in a sunny meadow until some mean old spaniard caught him and said "Get in my paella" (thats some bunny hanging from my fork there, and also I am not smothering that baby, he was asleep and comfortable like that)
Any way I degress. Josue and Christina were very kind and a little anxiouse the moment they saw our BBQ pit to come over and make us some paella. Aparently it is much better on the fire.
They cooked and slaved over the fire for about 1.5 hours and by then all us Americans were purposly full of appetisers and enjoyed a small dish of paella.
No, in all honesty it wasnt bad. No fish, and it had good flavor. Bunny tastes a lot like chicken and it was a very enjoyable evening!
I am glad I didnt not leave the country without that experience!

1 comment: