Below is Shepards pie, to the right is a traditional Irish dish of Cabbage, Irish bacon (wich is a cross between bacon and ham) and chips (stake frys) and mash!
This is my kinda country!
Fiona Introduced us to white and Red lemonaid. WHite lemonaid tastes just like sprite and red...well it didnt taste like anything I had ever had before. She also introduced us to a Scotish egg wich is a hardboiled egg wraped in sausage. It wasnt bad. The sausage was very flavorful.

I also had a pot roast cooked in guinness. I dint take a picture of it cause it looked like a pot roast, and it didnt taste any differnt than a nice pot roast. Atleast I am able to say I had some guinness while in Ireland even if I didnt taste it and all its effects were cooked off!
Marie made us this full Irish Breakfast wich consists of bangers (sausage) black pudding (congealed blood sausage patty) spotted dick (white sausage patty)
& Irish bacon
It was very good and very meaty!
It was very good and very meaty!
Of course there was traditional Irish brown bread!
We were told Irish food wasn't much more than pesant food. That boiling was the main cooking technique. We actualy enjoyed the food. (We also enjoyed eating when we were hungry not when the culture dictated it was eating time.) We were fortunate enough to have Irish friends to introduce us to "crunchies" and other interesting treats!
I also had a pot roast cooked in guinness. I dint take a picture of it cause it looked like a pot roast, and it didnt taste any differnt than a nice pot roast. Atleast I am able to say I had some guinness while in Ireland even if I didnt taste it and all its effects were cooked off!
boiling eh? I guess that's why dad never knew good food until he married mom. and why all of his brothers married Italians...
ReplyDelete