Thursday, July 7, 2011

Plotting my husband's death!


My friend Luz (Mark's wife) showing the boys how scared they should be...she's too cute- it didnt work!







These are the things we found in the shops on the side of the rout. I love the stuffed bull with the flattend person stuck to him. (San Fermin is the name of the Holiday that they celebrate in wich running with bulls is an activity.)



























































This is Dan and Mark on the street they would eventualy be running down....for thier lives! This big red door is the stadium where the bull ring is. This is the end of the race. Fist part of the race....dont get trampled or gouged, second part make it in the ring before they close the gates!




































I heard the guy at the info booth say "If you fall down, dont stand back up, roll to the side, because if you stand up and the bull is right there your done for"































This is a comforting sculpture we found in the town center.













































It doesn't sound good, but it is what we did all day on July 5th! We drove 5 hours to Pamploma and scouted out the rout, walked it, got the information from the tourist office and so on.... Knowing now that he made it threw doesnt help the morbid feelings I get when I look at these pictures of us walking around and talking about "The dangerouse corner" and buying red scarfs to wear!









2 comments:

  1. Oh, my....run Daniel run!!!!
    Love the picture of the kids standing on the posts...need a copy of that one please....
    Miss you guys...BE SAFE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you fall down don't stand up. If the bull is there you're DONE FOR!? That's comforting... tell Dan I said good luck

    ReplyDelete